Monday, June 23, 2014

Creating a Wiki Blog-11


 Working on Wiki’s showed me another side of how technology can be a helpful tool to increase my knowledge. One of the best things about Wiki is the option to go back and edit any information and giving the option for others to do the same. This can be very helpful when working in a team to create a project. This individual can just log in any time to make adjustment without having to be in the same place at the same time. Another aspect of this tool is the option to add a YouTube video to the main page where people can just press play vs. clicking on URL address. I think this is the best way to get people to view a video that you intend for them to watch.  

2 comments:

  1. You mentioned several valuable aspects of a wiki. The ability to work asynchronously and to make multiple edits over time. I agree with you on the video I think having a YouTube video right there in front of somebody they are more apt to watch it then click the link wait and then watch. I have found this to be very effective on my blog also do you plan to implement this on your blog when referencing videos?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you present some great ideas on the use of wikis. I worked on a class project last semester that would have been more efficient to work on in a wiki rather than Google document. Do you have any specific examples in your personal life or professional life where a wiki would be the best tool to use? Did you find anything about creating the wiki to be frustrating? If someone was new to the tool, what would be your number one tip for them?

    ReplyDelete