Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Education and Technology Blog-7


I have done some research on how technology effects today kids’ education. Educations is consider one of the most important tool to reach any career goal. Before the use of computers educations was conducted by the use on lectures inside the classroom and a textbook. Now technology has giving us the opportunity to get on educations from any place that has a way to connect to technology.  I learned that we don’t have to be in a classroom in order to get an education. I also learned that today’s learning is being thought by social media and consist about sharing information.

I read on article that explains how a test done on kids compares the learning from kids that received learning by older methods and the kids who used technology.  According to this article kids who used technology have developed a higher literacy. I think the article gives us a better understanding on technology is impacting in kids learning.

2 comments:

  1. Adolfo
    That was a very interesting article. It definitely makes a case for technology in education. I am a bit of a traditional learner but this class and others is pushing me out of my old habits and into new ones. Technology is wonderful for those that learn in different ways, like visually or auditory, not to mention the computer tech tools available for those that are blind or learning disabled. The tech tool I am researching is Instagrok. You should check it out. Maybe you could apply it in your research quest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adolfo,
    Thanks for that interesting article. I believe that technology has provided a lot of information not only to children but also to us adult learners. It is an opportunity for us to expand our learning capacity and ability to seek for more information with the use of online resources. I believe also that you have your own experience of using technology in your learning growth. Can you mention some specific technology mentioned on the articles that has helped children in their education? How can you relate your chosen technology or the social networks you have already used in your future career development? I believe it is not an easy step to be familiar with all these things, but I know that in our own little ways, we can be able to use these tools effectively.

    ReplyDelete